Nurturing your brainchild from inspiration to marketplace
Why edit your work?
And why use a professional?
Spelling and grammar checkers aren't enough to make your work shine.
Professional excellence can make the difference between success and failure.
Execustaff currently has a staff of 17 outside editors… We have come to expect and request that all of our editors follow Linda's lead when preparing their edit work for us. …
Complete Writing & Editorial Services
As an editor myself, I have found Linda's editing skills top-notch.
Copyediting (grammar editing)
- Errors of spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, and usage are corrected while preserving the meaning and voice of the original text
- Consistency of style is checked or created throughout
- A style sheet is prepared that documents style and format
- The manuscript is read for overall clarity and sense from the prospective audience's point of view
- Awkward writing is corrected
- Apparent errors or inconsistencies are queried
- Necessary permissions are noted to publish copyrighted material
- The manuscript is prepared for the next stage of the publication process
- References, art, figures, tables, equations, and other materials are cross-checked for consistency with their mention in text
- NOTE: Copyediting should be followed by proofreading
The same as regular copyediting except unclear or awkward sentences are not rephrased
Substantive or Content Editing (includes copyediting)
Developmental Editing (includes Substantive Editing)
Develop a manuscript from initial concept, outline or drafts (or some combination of the three). The editor suggests topics, content, organization, and presentation for consideration by the client and provides writing, rewriting, and researching as needed.
I am a veteran of the European motion picture industry who earned my laurels for costume design. I also wrote motion picture scripts and cooperated on eight movies, two of which were award winning. Due to my job, I was constantly involved with editors. Unfortunately, I never found the right one for me.